Cuban President Miguel Díaz-Canel on Tuesday condemned U.S. sanctions on the country as “immoral, illegal, and crimina

Featured Story

Cuban President Miguel Díaz-Canel on Tuesday condemned U.S. sanctions on the country as “immoral, illegal, and criminal,” lashing out at prolonged economic pressure on the communist-run island as tensions escalate.

In a social media post on X, Díaz-Canel said the fuel-starved nation would “continue to denounce, in the firmest and most energetic way possible, the genocidal siege that seeks to strangle our people.”

Cuba’s president singled out President Donald Trump’s executive order that threatens third parties from selling oil to Havana with tariffs, as well as U.S. measures that seek to penalize companies that may want to invest in the country or provide it with basic goods.

His comments come after a fresh wave of U.S. sanctions and amid mounting speculation that the U.S. could carry out military strikes against Cuba.

The U.S. government on Monday imposed sanctions on 11 Cuban officials and its main intelligence agency.

The move forms part of a broader pressure campaign that has included efforts to implement an oil blockade on the island since January, shortly after its ally and a key provider of oil, Venezuelan President Nicolás Maduro, was seized in an audacious military operation.

An Axios report on Sunday, citing classified intelligence, said Cuba had acquired more than 300 military drones from Russia and Iran and had recently began discussing plans to use them to attack U.S. targets.

These targets reportedly included the U.S. base at Guantanamo Bay, U.S. military vessels and potentially Key West, roughly 90 miles north of Cuba.

Cuba’s Díaz-Canel said in a separate social media post on Monday that U.S. threats of military aggression against Havana were well known, adding that if they were to materialize, “it would trigger a bloodbath with incalculable consequences.”

A man wearing shorts bearing a US flag walks along a street in Havana on May 18, 2026. Cuba's leader warned on May 18 of a "bloodbath" in the event of an American attack, while the US Treasury sanctioned Cuba's main intelligence agency and top leaders as tensions spiked between the arch-foes. (Photo by YAMIL LAGE / AFP via Getty Images)
A man wearing shorts bearing a US flag walks along a street in Havana on May 18, 2026.
Yamil Lage | Afp | Getty Images

Trump has previously talked up the prospect of a “friendly takeover” of Havana and said the White House could turn its sights on Cuba after the Iran war. The U.S. president has also said he could do anything he wanted with the country, adding that he thinks he will have the “honor” of “taking Cuba.”

In a post on Truth Social ahead of a trip to meet with Chinese President Xi Jinping last week, Trump pledged to hold talks with Cuban officials, without offering more details. He has previously urged the country to make a deal “before it is too late.”

Cuba’s Foreign Minister Bruno Rodríguez Parrilla, meanwhile, said that the country neither threatens nor desires war.

“Without any legitimate excuse whatsoever, the #US government builds, day after day, a fraudulent case to justify the ruthless economic war against the Cuban people and the eventual military aggression,” Parrilla said via X on Monday.

Loading

Don't Miss

Deep Dive into the Dark Side of Banking and Its Handmaiden, Central Banks, Its All Build On Thin Air

By StevieRay Hansen

By Pam Martens and Russ Martens: January 9, 2024 ~ Last September, speaking at a conference sponsored by the nonprofit watchdog, Better Markets, to examine if “too…

Loading

The Federal Reserve Has Abruptly Terminated the Banking Bailout Program That Has Been Sustaining Institutions. Expect Banks To Start Collapsing in the Near Future

By StevieRay Hansen

Read moreWells Fargo is the smallest of the four giants that now dominate the U.S. commercial banking businessBy SRH,The federal authorities seem to be on…

By StevieRay Hansen

By BanksterCrime TON OF TROUBLE. With Telegram CEO Pavel Durov set to appear in a French court on Wednesday, blockchain analysts are weighing the possible…

Loading

Hedge Fund Titan John Paulson Made $1 Billion in an Illegal Goldman Sachs Deal; Trump Is Now Floating Him for Treasury Secretary

By StevieRay Hansen

By Pam Martens and Russ Martens: Hedge Fund Titan, John Paulson Read moreWells Fargo is the smallest of the four giants that now dominate the U.S. commercial…

Loading

By BanksterCrime

By SRH, Musk is the next target. Make no mistake, Christians and conservatives are being closely scrutinized, or perhaps I should say, are in the…

Loading

Posted in

StevieRay Hansen

In his riveting memoir, "A Long Journey Home", StevieRay Hansen will lead you through his incredible journey from homeless kid to multimillionaire oilman willing to give a helping hand to other throwaway kids. Available on Amazon.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *